Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Set #4

This is the fourth set I finished this week - the jacket had been made for a while.

Yes it is another shorter version of EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket - I love this little pattern!

Made in Royal Blue Panda Angoretta (why oh why did they discontinue this lovely soft yarn?)
with variegated Red Heart Supersaver in Starbrights. What a yummy combination. The buttons are from my favourite button seller in the whole world - daverun is his ID (Dave Rundell from Florida) He has the nicest and cheapest buttons - and get this gals - he charges only $2.50 US for postage - NO MATTER how many packets of buttons or WHERE you live in the world!!!!!!

I have been sending him pics of my work using his lovely buttons to show him how wonderful they make my little garments look. These teddy buttons in yellow with black cost me about $3.00 US for 20. I have them in red, and blue and yellow with white as well. Plus chickens, geese, helicopters, penguins, dolphins, toadstools, frogs, kitties, dogs, ice creams, birthday cakes and popsicles!!

I will post another entry showing the birthday cake buttons onVanessa's baby set. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvette,
I enjoyed viewing your beautiful sweaters you've created. I enjoy knitting for babies the most, I believe. I've got four( not mine) to knit for at the moment, all new borns.
I liked your shortened version of EZ's Baby Surprise Sweater. I've made only one at this time and I do like your shortened version I think even better. Do you mind letting me know how you shortened it? I am a "blind follower" and need details. Sorry, I haven't been knitting all my life, only three years, but always looking to improve.
I thank you ahead of time if you are so generous as to share.
Happy knitting!
Lisa