Sunday, May 26, 2013

Some knitting

 

This delightful little pink jacket is Maria Thomas's design Aussie Swing - it is so quick and easy, and seamless and also comes in a long sleeve version which is next on my list.


 I made another of my little favourites, the Like Sleeves baby top - again seamless, or at least it is when I make it ! This looks adorable over a little skivvy and leggings - just right for a wriggly little baby girl.....
 
 

 Every so often I just have to make a Rindy's Raglan Baby Sweater - so quick, so easy, and of course no sewing up....it is one of my favourites and such a standby sweater for a quick gift as it knits up in no time - I can almost do one in my sleep!
These two sweaters were made for outback kids in Northern Territory - a wonderful lady who works for the Health Department known simply as "Aunty Gwen" gives out warm sweaters every winter, then when winter is over she collects them back in for repairs and laundering, so she can give them out to indigenous kids again next winter....

Knitting for Brisbane's Needy was asked to help with supply of sweaters for ages 5 years to 10 years old - we were happy to rise to the occasion.

This pattern originally has a wallaby pocket but I left that out this time so I could just get a basic sweater done in a hurry.











 These two are Cuff to Cuff Sweaters, from a very old Paton's Knitting Book - I just have the one pattern and it has been a wonderful stand by pattern - these were also made for "Aunty Gwen"



These two little sweaters are so sweet and easy to make - the pattern is called Denise or Denephew and is a free pattern on Ravelry.
 
I made these also for  the Aunty Gwen challenge...
 
 

2 comments:

Maria said...

More lovely items, Yvette! I love the name of the ravelry pattern! lol

Aussie Maria said...

These look great! Popping over to Ravelry to queue a few. Thanks for the ideas