Thursday, August 01, 2013

Been A Very Busy Knitter and Crocheter !!!






This is my new favourite baby sweater pattern!
Saffron Baby by Elena Nodel - available for sale on Ravelry

Just so cute - seamless because top down - a cheeky little ruflle and one button closure - or you could use ribbon ties...

Isn't it just adorable???
 


 This little beauty is Meadowsweet - a free pattern on Ravelry - also top down - this is such a quick little sweater and very satisfying!! No seams at all if  you do the sleeves on dpns or two circulars or you could use Magic Loop although I am not a fan of this method for some reason...

To learn how to do small circumferences on two circulars go to www.knittinghelp.com  and click on Advanced Techniques to watch a video - this is how I learned - this site is fantastic for learning different techniques - I can highly recommend it and I do - often!
 
Another Baby Kina - with Moda Vera Jazz trim around the bottom (pattern available for sale on Ravelry)
  and sweet little hat ( my design ) to match and oh joy, I made little booties to match too!
 Aren't they cute? I made these for my friend Rana's new baby girl, Abigail Grace

Here's the full set - looking oh so delectable - like strawberry ice cream......




 And an old favourite - the Ribbed Yoke Baby Sweater


 Gorgeous little booties - Crochet Mary Janes - pattern also available on Ravelry - Mary Jane Booties by Caroline Christmas - from a book of crochet booties from Annie's Attic -  Annie's Attic #8740501, Precious Baby Booties
 Another standby favourite of mine - the Garter Yoke Cardi - free on Ravelry and top down, therefore seamless! - sleeves done on two circulars or dpns.

A few more Teddies for outback aboriginal kids - I make little sweaters in indigenous colours  which are well loved - the teddies go to little kids who are being taken into care for whatever reason....

The kind people of Toowoomba rallied round and donated the teddies - which I washed and sanitised before dressing them..... Aren't they adorable? I think this makes about 50 I've dressed so far - I lost count - but I have about 20 something still to go...I just had to have a rest from all that red, yellow and black......
 

 This blanket is  Baby's Quick Ripple which I made to fit a king single bed - or to use as a snuggle throw - it is part of a multi draw raffle to raise funds for Huntington's Disease Queensland.

Tickets are $2.00 each!!! The three prizes are: $350 Photographic bundle from Curless Photography, Toowoomba, the blanket pictured here, and a $50 voucher from Grand Central Shopping Centre, Toowoomba.

The raffle will be drawn 31st August - proceeds will go towards another Fund Raiser - a Sumptuous High Tea at Highfields Tavern, Toowoomba,  on September 8th - between 2- 4 pm - but more on this later!
 
 The three child's sweaters pictured here are based on a pattern called Texo Pullover - available for sale on Ravelry USD $5.00
 

The original pattern has a kangaroo pouch pocket which I left off because I needed to make just plain and simple pullovers for aboriginal children in outback areas. This pattern is great - it is top down and seamless and comes in several sizes - can also be made bigger by changing to a chunkier yarn and bigger needles.....

 Looks good in boy colours - I made boy sweaters because the demand was greater for boys in this size - 4- 6 years old

Next time I shall make it for girls - and might even make it with the kangaroo pouch pocket, too!! You never know......

 

And I made these fingerless gloves as a gift to raise funds for the Toowoomba Scouts

More to come - lots of pics to upload yet!

 

No comments: