Sunday, March 04, 2007

On the other hand -------

In between bouts of afghan crocheting, I made a few baby things too. This is some of my knitting since January 1st - so I have not been idle!!! An SOS from Lisa in Canada had me flying to the needles to make some baby things for a young couple she knows who are having their first baby with few funds and in need of help.














This is the Ribbed Yoke baby sweater - I love this little pattern - so easy - all knitted from the top down, so very little seaming!!! Everyone knows by now how much I hate to sew up seams!! I can do it but I am never happy with the results somehow

The yarn is Panda Angoretta in mint green - the last of that colour that I have in this yarn - and it is sadly, discontinued although it does pop up on ebay from time to time
The gorgeous little ice cream cone buttons came from my good friend Dave Rundle (daverun on ebay) They were absolutely perfect on this little sweater - like pistachio ice cream!!




This darling little set is my Tiny BSJ pattern, a hat that was based on a bonnet pattern, and the booties are Michelle's Preemie Bootie pattern from Bev's Country Cottage.

The yarn is an oddment of turquoise DK and some TLC Wiggles in white.
I have dear Maria in Pa to thank for the Wiggles yarn - it is adorable and knits up like a dream
Check back to earlier posts to see what other goodies Maria sent me in December 2006!!!
Made from an unknown brand of yarn donated to me recently - this is the Top Down Raglan, a free pattern on the internet. I used a bit of left over cream DK to eke the brown variegated yarn out. So soft and knitted up beautifully, I found some wooden buttons that complemented the little boy's jacket so well. The hat is just a free online pattern.



Another Tiny BSJ set - in blue Angoretta, and White TLC Wiggles.







The yellow blanket is the good old standby - Lion Brand freebie Diagonal Baby Blanket. I had a few skeins of 3 ply baby wool , and one skein each of DK in different yellows. So I knitted one strand of 3 ply with each yellow in turn until it ran out, going from dark to light. A great stash buster!! And more of that later, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well now you have been a busy little beaver havnt you?
Love your work, you are so talented.
Thank you for all your tips, and advice.
Keep up the great work.
Regards Marlene.